Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"Kick Ass" Screening Last Night


I had the opportunity to catch a screening of the new Matthew Vaughn Film "Kick Ass" last night. I believe we were the first audience to see it.

The plot of Kick-Ass revolves around a lonely teenage boy named Dave Lizewski (Aaron Johnson), who decides to become a real-life superhero after being inspired by the heroes of comic-books. He soon encounters a mysterious vigilante called Big-Daddy (Nicolas Cage), and his daughter Hit Girl (Chloƫ Moretz), who are working to bring down the drug baron, Frank D'Amico (Mark Strong).

It was full of action and realistic violence and I couldn't have been happier. Chloƫ Moretz steals the show as "Hit Girl". Honestly, I haven't been this "into" a movie since I caught a screening of "The Hangover" last February.

This is a must see.


No comments: